Monday 19 October 2009

Misnomer


t.h brown bar stools. Photo taken by Coral in Melbourne

I'm expecting some bar stools to arrive later this week. When I say expecting, I really mean they are due to arrive this week.

I've actually been waiting for them to arrive for well over a month. The stools are being transported from Melbourne and the courier company said it would take approximately a fortnight from when I made the booking. So, I've been waiting...patiently...because I do that so well.

The courier company has the word "quick" form part of its name. And there are only two words in its name.  Every time I see the courier's name, I shake my head incredulously. Clearly, there has been nothing quick about this company, apart from the quick processing of my payment....!

Jason, being a lover of fine print, did express concern when I emailed the terms and conditions when he made the payment.

Here is the extract from the courier company's email :

"ON OCCASION OUR CUSTOMERS ATTEMPT TO APPLY TOO MUCH PRESSURE, WHICH IS WHEN WE ARE SOMETIMES FORCED TO PLACE AN IMMEDIATE CANCELLATION ON THE DELIVERY.

Persons that feel they need to call or email BLANK BLANK repeatedly without stating their concerns simply via a single email or phone message shall be refused our service.

Patience is a most desirable virtue, and the amount of unnecessary enquiries needs to be kept to a minimum..."

Perhaps, I should have read the terms and conditions first before I booked....oops!

When the stools arrive it will mean we can sit at the island bench in the kitchen. Everyone seems to hang in the kitchen while I'm cooking, so the stools will come in handy...whenever they arrive...

3 comments:

  1. Happy to have discovered your blog! Wish we were renovating a Queenslander, but have to make do with our ex-housing commission pad... although I did convince Dan to use VJs profusely during our own reno- to give it a Queenslander touch.

    Fingers crossed those stools turn up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gosh Anita... I hope they deliver these soon! I dont know how that company stays in business!

    I'm sure it will be nice to have everyone gathered together with you.. while sitting on these comfy looking stools..

    I would love to see pics when you have them all set up!

    ~ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still waiting and I am not holding my breath. Mmmm... I definitely will post the pictures when (if) they come. Cheers Anita

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails