Thursday 6 June 2013

Dinky little window

Today, I picked up the new window that we had made. As it was being loaded into the boot of my car, the man from the joinery place said it was a dinky little thing. I chirped up and said of course it was dinky, "It's for a dinky little hole in the wall."

Jason arrived home ill this evening and is becoming acquainted with the toilet bowl as I type this...(poor sick Jason!), which means I have no one else to share the joy of the window with. Luckily the blog is my outlet. Ha!

So, please admire my dinky new window...Isn't it darling?

single light casement window with arctic glass

The dinky little thing is made from Surian Cedar and the glass is fixed into place with timber beading rather than the putty that we have in all the original windows. We also opted for toughened arctic glazing to match our other windows.

The new window will have to be primed and sealed with an oil based primer and then painted with a few coats of gloss before it will be ready to install. 

Fortunately, this weekend is the Queen's Birthday holiday which means a long weekend. Hooray!!

If painting goes to plan, installation of the window will be this weekend. Cross fingers!

11 comments:

  1. Cross finger :)
    Happy weekend!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little window is beautiful and will be just perfect in it's dinky little hole. I hope Jason starts feeling better soon so you can have a productive and enjoyable holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana. I'm hoping the weekend will be productive too. xx

      Delete
  3. It's so cute and tiny. Give my best to Jason. Poor fellow.

    Are you going on the M-C House Tour? Am thinking of booking today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm totally doing it. And Jason's much better and is looking slimmer! xx

      Delete
  4. I like your dinky little window...very cute and pretty. I hope Jason is up to installing it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'tis a darling window for sure. We have that timber beading in the fanlight above the front door,we left it plain as it doesn't get much weathering. Hope hubby is feeling much better, can't have him out of action on a long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read Jason is better now. Great looking window. I really appreciate the craftmanship of these things now that I have had to sand and piant old ones. Hardwood is a lovely thing. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope poor Jason is on the mend! and yes, I thoroughly appreciate such a well made dinky little window. hope it makes the dinky little whole in the wall look like the dinkiest, loveliest little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I ask where you had this window made as it is exactly what I am looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie, We had the window made by Woodworkers in Moorooka. They were really good and the window was well-made and I'd be happy to recommend them to you. Good luck with your little window. xx

      Delete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails