Sunday 7 April 2013

A fresher looking Fun and VJs

It's been a bit quiet around here because this little blog has been getting a fresher look. You know, very subtle tweaks - the electronic world's equivalent to an augmentation from an A-cup to a C-cup... so that no one is too confronted with the change.

Katrina from The Media Maid was the blog design surgeon called in to look after this rather delicate procedure... I always find her bedside manner very easy going and this experience was no different. I am most happy with the changes.

Looks like Jason's only painted half the house! Slacker.

We thought it was about time to update the Sow's Ear's header photograph but we wanted to ensure that we never forgot its former origins. It's half cream and salmon; half white! (We still have plans for the Sow's Ear's front facade later down the track...it all depends on the results of our research about restoring the facade to its original state if possible.)

Another great thing is that I can reply to your comments. My old custom template prevented me from using the blogger reply to comments feature...it was always awkward to interact. So if you write a really funny comment now, I'll be able to LOL! you in reply. It's the small things that matter, isn't it?

I hope you all like the fresher look.

25 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. That Katrina, what would we do without her? A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. She even gave me weatherboards as a background. Love it. And a nice wider format. Clever. xx

      Delete
  2. What a fresh look lovely. Everything looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two house pics merged is very clever and I like the weatherboards too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Carol and aren't the weatherboards inspired! x

      Delete
  4. Love the new half'n half look and the weatherboards.Very schmicko.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schmicko's our middle name! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Nothing like a subtle makeover xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the header too. Looking good kiddo! PS, did you get my email last week? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thea. Also, just replied to your email. xx

      Delete
  8. The before and after header is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Brismod. Very cool x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam. If we ever find a really old photograph of the house, I would love to splice that in too. xx

      Delete
  10. Looks great but I am not seeing your weather board background? Hmmmm wonder why? Nice job Katrina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can only see it on smaller screens I think...I see it on my laptop. It's only subtle and a bit of fun. xx

      Delete
  11. Sweeeeet! Looks so good :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new look is great. Love the half old/half new picture. Being able to reply to comments is a big plus. Cheers Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails