Thursday 18 April 2013

Light news

For the past couple of years we've had a light bulb as our light fitting in the study...Sad how that happens.

The bayonet fitting was actually broken and we finally had that attended to on the weekend.

study while it was being renovated last year
Because the ceiling in this room is quite low we are limited in what we can have as a light fitting.

Rather than buy a new one, we just re-used an old Art Deco glass shade that used to be in the bathroom. It's a bit paint splattered, but it's just going to have to do for now until we are motivated to strip it back.



And in more exciting news, I found some new Murano crystals to replace the broken ones in the great chandelier fall of 2011. I've been told by some readers, they remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they first found out about our chandelier fall...it was big news.

pink Murano dragon tears

There are about 70 'new' dragon's tears which were part of another chandelier I had picked up.

I'm debating whether to keep the chandelier for the master bedroom though...or just use the tears in our dining room chandelier, as well as replace the drops in our new bathroom light fitting...

Decisions, decisions. (and be kind Anon Natalie! xx)

Anyway, we are just dripping in Murano crystal tears at the moment.

14 comments:

  1. Good find! I guess it's best to keep original stuff together if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Yes, we thought the same. xx

      Delete
  2. I've tried to like that light ... honestly I've tried ... but I just can't. I can't believe you found more of them!!!
    Anon Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be my life's work to make you like that light. LOL! xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous light! After reading the fall story, just wondering if you got the same sparky out to fix the broken batten fixing :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've actually recommended him to other people. I know. He's extra careful these days. xx

      Delete
  4. Are you going to mix them with the blue ones???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the plan. There's already a few pink ones mixed in already. xx

      Delete
  5. Goodness me, that's one dramatic fall, you must have been shocked when that happened!! I'm so excited to see what you end up doing with those dragon tears. I can imagine we have something amazing in store for us:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny now Tove. At the time we were gutted!. Thanks xx

      Delete
  6. Funny! Onwards and up. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those drops look amazing Anita!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails