Monday 1 April 2013

Garden edging

So much for the big plans this Easter long weekend. Gone are the days where I put it out there on the blog about our proposed plans and magic just happens...

We pretty much just mooched around the place eating lots of chocolate Easter eggs. I'm still not 100 per cent with the dodgy back. I've been taking it very easy while Jason's been around.

Galvanised steel stakes securing the timber sleepers into place.
You can see the old timber joins which have split and no longer hold up the sleepers

We did tackle a couple of smaller jobs though, but the best thing was the discovery of galvanised steel edging stakes. Jason bought a few to repair the timber sleepers which are used as garden edging in our yard.

The sleepers used to be secured with wooden joins which have split over time and the sleepers have fallen over making things look messy.

Another view of how the stakes work.
You probably don't need the two stakes on either side - Jason's just super-cautious.
One would probably  suffice.

Steel edging

They work quite well and it has improved the overall look of the yard to have our garden edging upright again. It's not a big job, but gee it has a big impact in making a garden look neat and tidy.

We still have so much to do on our yard...it's just finding the motivation at the moment to throw ourselves into it.


6 comments:

  1. Hope your back feels better soon!

    I bet a chill out weekend was just what you needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! I'm so looking forward to finding out more about your beautiful Queenslander home. I admire the amount if workhours you' ve spent making it that way! I hope that back of yours is getting better soon, be careful! I'm so glad you found my blog so that I discovered yours:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small things in the yard make big differences! This is such a simple idea but obviously works very well. We spent time in the garden over Easter and by doing just a few things, it looks so much tidier. Even just sweeping our lovely selection of concrete slabs (nice) has improved the overall look. Lyndon's decision to dig up the lawn to install pop up water sprays was not such a great idea. Didn't work! Lots of swearing and a few more trips to the hardware store and it now works :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea. I bet it's really sturdy. I'm still having problems with my back too, so I empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some times you need to give yourself a break when you a renovating a house, you are wise to go easy and prevent the proverbial burnout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Bernadette. I really appreciate it. I have definitely been taking it very easy, but do hope I can get moving more nimbly soon. xx

      Delete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails