New fittings for the windows
Jason added a quad border onto the built in robe so it matched the rest of the room.
He's very pedantic about the small things.
The bedroom is completely undercoated except for the French Doors which lead onto the back deck. We'll start the top coat in the evenings later this week. It is easier to paint when the children are asleep.
Also I'd like to thank Trish from A dream house for Trish (she's in the process of designing and building a home in the Hunter Valley) and Lou from The little house that could (she's renovating an 1880s Queenslander in the outer suburbs of Brisbane) for giving me a Sunshine Award. Thank you so much for thinking me worthy of this award and for reading my blog.
To accept I need to reveal seven things about myself. I've done this before here and I've also done one for Jason here...
Thankfully, I'm thoroughly fascinating....so here's seven more interesting things about moi:
- Over the years, I've studied Mandarin, Italian and of course French as a hobby.
- When I was learning Mandarin, one of the guys in the class would later invent the Furi knife and another guy would later become a federal Member of Parliament. Little did they know what a famous blogger I would become!
- I own a set of Furi knives.
- I used to work as a coat and handbag girl at a City nightclub when I was at university.
- I played the cello at high school. Averagely.
- Jason and I were married within ten months of meeting and spent more money on the honeymoon than we did the humble little wedding.
- Jason and I attended the same large high school (two years apart) but did not know each other at all until we met several years later at work.
As you probably know by now, I don't like to tag other people. I'm the weak link in the chain. Sorry. Again, if I am a follower, leave comments or have you on my blog roll, then you know I like your blog. It doesn't get any more complex than that.
Finally, I'd like to say thank you to Kylie from Flying Ducks. I won a double pass to see the new French film The Hedgehog (Le Herisson) from her blog giveaway. Kylie writes a great little blog about her life and apartment in Brisbane and has been featured in Apartment Therapy and Design Sponge.
Jason and I saw the film last night at Palace Centro. What a gem of a film! It's a moving story about friendship, love and life set in an elegant apartment building in Paris. We would both highly recommend it if you wanted to see a great film.
I won't make a hash of the plot description. The Sydney Morning Herald has a review here if you're interested. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks again Kylie!!