Sunday 3 January 2010

Unofficial start on the lounge room

This morning we were sitting in the lounge room casually having a second coffee. From where I was sitting I could see the lovely white walls of our new kitchen and absent mindedly commented how nice it would be when the lounge room was fixed up.

Transition from lounge room to kitchen - the view from my seat (this shot was taken in October 2009)

Before I knew it, Jason whipped out his chisel and hammer and he started demolishing one of the architraves. Off came the picture rails on the left wall.

"Whad'ya doing?" I asked, wondering what was in his coffee to create such a burst of activity.

"Well, d'ya want me to do the work or not?" demanded Jason.

"Yeah, but not right this minute...once you start it, you have to finish it..."

"Nag if I don't. Nag when I do. Can't win!" he muttered under his breath.

Me thinketh he will be rather sensitive in the year 2010.

Removing the picture rails - they are not original nor are they straight. The architraves where not properly mitred at the corners either.


Using a heat gun  (thanks to generosity of Mr Rooney) to strip the paint off the repaired architraves.

5 comments:

  1. Yay Jason!! Could he send some of that energy over this way?

    What an Awesome Husband you have Anita!

    Big Hugs ~ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than striking while the iron is hot. We did the same thing today sitting there having a coffee then all of a sudden I had a paint brush in my hand and had this burst of energy to paint the hallway walls. Happy New year to you and your family and look forward to your reno pictures weekly. sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find it's so easy to get someone to start a DIY project but finishing is a much more strongly resisted and laborious thing. Good luck with the renovation, and I love your fresh white walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And he does his renos just like me ...bare foot ;-)! In true Aussie style. Looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same thing happens in my house too! I have to watch what I say before coffee time.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails